Director, Retention Marketing
Full Time Job
Based in Stamford, CT, the Director Retention Marketing builds and executes the strategy to engage and retain WWE Network Subscribers as well as reactivate lapsed subscribers. This leader requires expertise across disciplines including data and analytics, digital marketing, and retention and will require regular liaison with employees at various levels across the broader WWE organization. This person should have a solid direct marketing background coupled with a general marketing and brand sensibility.
• Drive strategy behind segmented customer communications to subscribers to increase engagement leveraging multiple channels; e.g. email, on-site communications push notifications, etc.
• Develop communications across the full customer lifecycle, including creative development, targeting, segmentation, and performance analysis
• Develop and plan marketing promotions that effectively utilize owned and paid media assets to engage WWE Network subscribers and re-engage/reactive lapsed subscribers
• Build, test and grow loyalty programs to increase retention, driving strategy and testing various benefits and rewards
• Manage marketing programs for customer renewals and win-backs including segmentation based on multiple data variables and testing of strategies to optimize response and conversion metrics.
• Provide strategic direction to internal and external partners on creative, logistics, and on-site planning to ensure the development of effective campaign materials including creative approval, media spend allocation and results reporting with a key focus on ROI
• Collaborate with WWE Network acquisition marketing and customer service team members to develop new programs that will drive improvements in lifetime value
• Work closely with internal TV, Live Events, Social, Digital and Creative Design teams to create and distribute marketing material
• Work closely with Finance and Analytics to read and report results, update and create budgets and monitor marketing spend
• Work closely with Technology and Digital Products teams on development of key product features and pricing/offer options to communicate product upgrades to subscribers effectively and appropriately.
• Other duties as assigned
• 8 years of consumer and digital marketing experience, preferably within subscription service organizations. OTT and/or SVOD experience a plus.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities, particularly in customer segmentation and modeling
• Experience with content marketing, content syndication, direct response marketing, testing and analytics
• Experience in project management to include the ability to lead/prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills including a strong understanding of online marketing metrics
• Understanding of Facebook's (and other Social platforms) paid advertising platform, paid search, mobile media, affiliate marketing, display media, and sponsored content campaigns
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include strong experience interacting with and presenting to senior executives, as well as the ability to successfully partner with employees across all levels and lines of business.
• Excellent attention to detail with an ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives
• Strong skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Demonstrated understanding of the WWE brand
• Able to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends based on business need
• Willing and able to travel as needed for business- minimal travel required
• Bachelor degree required; MBA preferred
WWE is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. WWE does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. WWE also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.