Director of Operations
Visual Effects SocietySherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
Director of Operations
The Visual Effects Society (VES), the entertainment industry's only organization representing visual effects artists worldwide, is seeking a talented and well-rounded Director of Operations to oversee our online operations as well as provide top-notch support for the VES Awards committee. This is hands on, dynamic position with many moving parts. The ideal candidate will have the ability to wear many hats, stay calm under pressure, thrive on change, and be adept at getting things done! This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Society's Executive Director.
• Own all content management and serve as primary point of contact for both the VES and the VFX Voice websites
• Maintain all website APIs, online payment forms, e-commerce, and secure voting
• Manage external website vendors (such as host company and maintenance vendors) as well as VES email accounts/servers, SSL
certificates, and other online systems
• Provide intermediate office IT support (such as setting up email accounts, troubleshooting computer and/or office equipment issues
• Plan and execute special projects large and small as needed
• Serve as primary liaison to the VES Awards Committee, including but not limited to: setting up and attending monthly committee meetings (and weekly vetting sessions in December only), as well as reporting on committee activities, objectives and initiatives to the Executive Director and Society Chair
• Oversee the VES Awards submission process, vet paperwork, follow up with submitter issues and inquiries, track down payments, and ensure all timelines stay on track
• Manage production, inventory tracking and distribution of VES Awards statuettes
• Assist with planning, budgeting and execution of other VES events as needed
• 5+ years in Operations, Production/Project Management or similar role.
• Strong knowledge of content management systems (Drupal and WordPress a big plus!)
• Ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally with other departments and committees. Ability to succeed in ambiguous
situations--will seek out information and solutions when the answer isn't known or obvious
• Ability to remain calm, flexible, and clear headed in fast-paced, stressful situations
• Excellent project management skills, clear communication, impeccable follow through
• Excellent organizational and documentation skills
• A solid understanding of awards submission processes and procedures
• Experience creating and planning budgets and project timelines
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft software suite, especially Excel
• Familiarity with online project management software (Shotgun experience a plus!)
• Knowledge of Adobe creative programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver a big plus!
The Visual Effects Society (VES) is a non-profit professional, honorary society, dedicated to advancing the arts, sciences, and applications of visual effects and to improving the welfare of its members by providing professional enrichment and education, fostering community, and promoting industry recognition.
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS! Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online