Temp Digital Services Technician (temp hire)
Visual Data Media ServicesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Temp Digital Services Technician (temp hire)
Job Posting Information: Digital Services Technician - Digital Services Department
Job Type: Freelance
Visual Data Media Services is an award winning multimedia company, with offices in Burbank, London and Bangalore. We offer a full range of creative post-production and media distribution services for feature films and television content.
Our services include encoding, transcoding, editing, color correction, digital distribution, media asset management, quality control, subtitling and closed captioning, script creation, audio, tape duplication and conversions, as well as creative post production services.
Our state of the art, 30,000 square-foot facility located in Burbank, represents a multi-million dollar investment in our clients' future.
Our goal is to provide an exceptional customer experience with every client on every job. This is achieved by our commitment to our core values: Accountability, Empowerment, Integrity, Honor and Flawless Execution. While we are equally focused on quality, efficiency and on-time delivery by utilizing the latest in cutting edge technology and innovative solutions, we truly believe that having the right people is what provides us with our competitive edge.
We are excited to announce that we currently have a position open for a Freelance Digital Services Technician, in our Digital Services Department, located in Burbank, California.
Candidates must be self-motivated, with superior work ethic and ability to work to strict delivery deadlines, with minimal direct supervision. Must have the ability to review and understand technical specs as they pertain to the creation of content for digital distribution platforms.
The Digital Services Department encodes, transcodes and edits digital content. This position is responsible for executing the day to day work for the Digital Services Department, while ensuring accuracy and on-time completion.
• Receive assignments/work orders from client services
• Utilizing various editing platforms and/or encoding and transcoding software, execute work orders in a timely manner
• Perform quality control measures to ensure all work is accurate
• Update media order systems and log all time accurately
• Resolve issues either technical or deadline related, and collaborate with operational departments and client services, towards a timely resolution
• Maintain company quality standards by adhering to checklists and departmental directives
• Work with department manager to create and improve workflows
• Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service for our customers
• Participate in training, as needed
• Undertake additional department duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
• 3+ years of post-production or media distribution experience
• Results oriented with strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge with Encoding / Transcoding concepts and processes
• Strong knowledge with creating content for Digital Distribution Platforms. i.e. - iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Google, PlayStation, Xbox, FOX Esprit
• Must have experience with Final Cut Pro and all peripheral compression software apps; Rhozet; Digital Rapids. Candidates will be required to take a Final Cut Pro test.
• Working knowledge of frame rates, aspect ratios, file types
• Working knowledge of Audio, HD and SD Video Signal Flow, Physical and File Based Formats, Aspect Ratios, Frame Rates and Conversion Processes
• Strong multi-tasker, with experience with organizing and managing multiple priorities, while retaining comprehensive knowledge of multiple workflows
• Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
• Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker
• Familiarity with Closed Captioning and Subtitling creation and embedding
• Familiarity with DVS Clipster, Telestream Vantage workflows, MacCaptions, FFMpeg, ProTools a plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online