Data IO Specialist
Visual Data Media ServicesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2016 3:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Data IO Specialist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Data IO Specialist postings
Full Time Job
Job Posting Information: Data IO Specialist - Digital Services Department
Visual Data Media Services is an award winning multimedia company, with offices in Burbank, London and Bangalore. We offer a full range of post-production and digital distribution services for feature films and television content.
Our services include encoding, transcoding, editing, digital distribution, media asset management, quality control, subtitling and closed captioning, script creation, audio, and tape duplication and conversions.
In 2014, Visual Data was the proud recipient of the Netflix Preferred Vendor of the Year award, a remarkable achievement to mark our 20th year in business. Our state of the art, 30,000 square-foot facility located in Burbank, CA is custom built for repurposing and distributing video content and represents a multi-million dollar investment in our clients' future.
Our goal is to provide an exceptional customer experience with every client on every job. This is achieved by adhering to our core values: Accountability, Empowerment, Integrity, Honor and Flawless Execution. While we are equally focused on quality, efficiency and on-time delivery by utilizing the latest in cutting edge technology and innovative solutions, we recognize, fundamentally that having the right people makes the difference and provides us with our competitive edge.
We currently have a position open for a Data IO Specialist, in our Digital Services Department, located in Burbank, California.
Candidates must be self-motivated, with superior work ethic and ability to work to strict delivery deadlines, with minimal direct supervision. Must have the ability to review and understand technical specs as they pertain to the creation of and delivery to digital distribution platforms.
The IO Department is responsible for trafficking all digital content to, from and within the facility. This position manages incoming files, ingest assets into the Media Asset Management System and assists with file staging as needed. Prep, pre-qual and deliver files through high-speed file transfer software. Manage operator queues through order management system to ensure accurate, on-time delivery. Transcode proxy files and assist with Data Management duties as needed.
• Deliver files using Aspera, Signiant and SmartJog delivery tools.
• Data Asset Management, Data I/O and assisting in the creation of encoded and transcoded files, for delivery across multiple, broadcast, VOD, online retailer/internet platforms worldwide.
• Resolve issues either technical or deadline related, and collaborate with operational departments and client services, towards a timely resolution
• Engage in on-going training
• Operation of various asset and workflow management tools
• Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service for our customers
• Undertake additional department duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
• 2+ years of post-production or media distribution experience
• Results oriented with strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
• In depth knowledge of audio/video, physical and file formats and electronic delivery platforms
• Strong multi-tasker, with experience with organizing and managing multiple priorities, while retaining comprehensive knowledge of multiple workflows
• Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
• Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker
• Knowledge of all open digital delivery platforms such as Aspera, Smartjog and Signiant
• Familiar with major online retailer Metadata / XML Creation and Verification, Digital Packaging and Quality Control processes
• Experience with file creation tools such as FFMpeg, Digital Rapids, StreamZHD , FCP, Compressor, Rhozet Carbon Coder, WFS, DVS Clipster, Flip Factory, Media Deck, MacCaptions a plus