Vice President, Communications & Head Of Series Publicity
Full Time Job
Comedy Central is seeking a dynamic, seasoned professional to lead its west coast communications team and oversee and guide consumer publicity strategy for the channel’s original series. The position will work closely with talent, executive producers and network executives on series launches and ongoing press efforts and be called upon to shape brand messaging, generate strategic executive speaking engagements at industry conferences and manage relations with the Hollywood trades.
The ideal candidate should have at least 8 years of experience in entertainment publicity and be a fast-moving, strategic thinker with extensive media relations, prior experience managing a team, and the ability to collaborate across the company. The position requires a big-picture mindset and history of proven success in executing high-profile communications initiatives and creativity in using new tactics and tools to communicate internally and externally. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Communications in New York.
• Must have at minimum of 8 years of experience in entertainment publicity.
• Prior experience managing a team and the ability to collaborate across the company.
• Strong contacts and excellent relationships with key media and influencers across print, digital, and electronic platforms.
• Ability to help shape the narrative for a dynamic, multiplatform brand.
• Must be a fast-moving, strategic thinker with extensive media relations
• Highly collaborative, flexible and adaptable, with strong diplomatic and influencing skills.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and history drafting speeches/remarks for senior management, as well as briefing documents and releases.
• A track record of rolling out creative and innovative communications campaigns.
• Ability to lead a team and work cross-functionally across different company divisions and with outside partners.