Vice President, Brand Strategy & Campaign Planning
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The VP of Brand Strategy & Campaign Planning oversees and leads the overarching series marketing strategy across all platforms, including the show positioning, KPIs, and key objectives of each plan.
With a key focus on innovation, the ideal candidate will ensure that all plans have clear goals and vision that drives creative direction and supports the strategy set for each programming initiative. Primary emphasis is on building the topline positioning and strategy for each marketing plan and guiding the consumer-facing “story” that is being communicated in each campaign.
include the development of strategic positioning and briefs for all MTV, VH1 & Logo Brand priorities– from programming to tentpole events, pro-social and music initiatives. The VP owns the positioning, creative brief and strategic plans that inform the entire organization.
The individual will be able to understand research and analytics in an effort to create content and marketing plans that are informed by audience data. In addition, the role requires oversight of campaign analysis and lessons learned. This includes developing KPIs for external agencies/partners.
This person will work closely with all departments to share brand positioning and vision. In addition, the VP will partner with Research/Audience Insights team to initiate research, obtain strategic knowledge for series, and translate research finding to actionable creative and promotional strategies. - The position reports to the SVP, Consumer Marketing.
• Lead and oversee strategic planning for all series launch for the MTV, VH1 & Logo channels.
• Define and communicate strategic positioning for series and events throughout organization.
• Create and communicate the Creative Brief to creative teams
• Initiate projects, in relation to programming calendar and marketing needs.
• Manage project timelines in association with production management, including delivery of scripts, rough-cuts and final cuts on time and to the appropriate parties??for approvals.
• Review and provide creative feedback to creative team of their work relative to strategic goals, concepts and execution.
• Pitch out positioning/creative strategies to key constituents including EVP Marketing, GM, Series EPs and external creators.
• Collaborate with VP Creative to assure creative brief is clear, strategic and actionable for creative teams.
• Collaborate with show producers & creators to assure strategic buy-in on promotional direction for series launch campaigns.
• Utilize & leverage Audience Research group to strengthen strategic brief and creative work: target audience insights, qualitatively test campaign concepts and quantitative testing.
• Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all internal and external team members including VP Creative Director, VP Creative Ops, Editorial, Consumer Marketing and On Air Design.??
• Direct management of team to include two project/campaign managers and 1 director of strategy.
• Responsible for guiding the development of the team, which includes all levels.
• Work with VP Creative Director and VP Creative Ops to assign production workload Conduct performance reviews and help set goals for creative staff??
• Work with and receive input from Editorial Director to help push creative/script boundaries??
• 10 years holding Marketing/Advertising positions, namely Account Directors & above at Top Advertising Agencies, Account Planners or Brand Strategists within Media companies.
• Undergraduate degree; or equivalent management experience required
• Strong and diverse client experience, Youth Centric and TV network clients a plus
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills; with direct past experience in writing and brief creative teams on the Strategic Creative Brief
• Successfully managed a team of 2 or more
• Strong business and personal ethics
• Strong mentoring skills and desire to teach creative team
• Deep connection to local advertising/media community and people resources
• Proven leader with demonstrated experience in building strategic creative plans.
• Strategic power-house with extensive track record of delivering world class creative
• Writes all Creative Briefs and can work closely with creative teams.
• Can effectively lead, both direct staff and indirect support staff in conjunction with projects.
• Effectively manages multiple projects in a fast paced, every changing environment
• Strong presentation abilities as a means to build consensus around strategic objectives and project plans; can pitch.
• Can work closely with research to define knowledge gaps and desired insights to assure feedback is actionable and strengthens creative executions.
• Exceptional writing skills as well as creating creative presentation documents