ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position, with guidance from Compensation senior management, administers direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs), including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation related actions for employees, collecting data and business requirements in order to provide advice to client groups on pay decisions, policy interpretation and job evaluation. This position contributes to formulating the strategy for new compensation plans and recommends plan revisions in order to achieve project or initiative goals; may also be assigned special compensation project work to support certain tactical and strategic business initiatives.
• Manages salary administration for assigned client groups. . Provides insight and guidance on appropriate salary ranges for new or revised open jobs and makes recommendations for contract renewals, contractual merit increases, as well as all adjustments and promotions in assigned client groups (or as requested by Compensation senior management).
• In connection with organizational strategies, in partnership with H.R. generalists and under the direction of Compensation senior management, this position is involved with the design, planning, and administration of the annual merit process and Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP) for assigned client groups. It also provides support to the Compensation Department’s Global Equity Team to administer the Long-Term Management Incentive Program (LTMIP). Position works closely with the HR generalists to communicate compensation decisions to employees.
• Leads the department’s compensation survey participation. Provides analysis of compensation survey responses for assigned client groups and ensures compensation remains competitive to attract, retain and motivate employees.
• Assists with special compensation projects and initiatives, including project management, the development of proposals for leadership consideration and review, and the creation and execution of implementation plans.
• Working closely with department peers, position will be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve compensation processes to support the development of a consistent approach to compensation administration, improving Department efficiency and the Department’s impact to the larger organization. Position will collaborate with colleagues to implement approved changes.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a concentration in in Business, Mathematics, Economics and/or Psychology preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of compensation planning and designing experience, preferably in the media and entertainment industry.
• 3 years of project management experience.
• Excellent computer skills (such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• MBA or Master’s degree a plus.
• WorldAtWork Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred.
• Experience working with incentive plans preferred.
• Proven high-level compensation expertise and ability to apply sound compensation design techniques and principles.
• Understanding of current key competitive practices and desire and ability to keep up-to-date on the latest trends and ideas in the field.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently, while managing workflow and establishing and executing project plans.
• Analytical skills with the ability to identify current and future company requirements.
• Basic understanding of financial data.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Team Player with ability to “flex” to different styles and ability to work collaboratively with department colleagues.
• Meeting the needs of each client group, while at the same time establishing and maintaining a culture of cooperation and sharing among the business units for the good of Viacom as a whole.
• Ability to juggle several ongoing projects together with day-to-day requirements.
• Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining work product excellence and high-levels of customer service.