Sr Channel Accountant, Global Entertainment Group
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsible for the accurate and timely accounting and reporting of Media Networks (“MN”) transactions related to the Global Entertainment Group (“GEG”)
• Prepare monthly GEG balance sheet account analyses and reconciliations.
• Prepare quarterly GEG balance sheet review for presentation to Senior Management.
• Review programming contracts and related accounting of programming assets and liabilities.
• Prepare capitalized programming development entries, analysis, and rollforward.
• Prepare quarterly programming review schedules for original and acquired programming.
• Prepare metrics to identify risks/opportunities in programming assets and liabilities in timely manner.
• Prepare GR/IR metrics and analysis to maintain reporting accuracy.
• Review the recording of ancillary revenue and receivables as it relates to the Global Entertainment Group.
• Prepare and/or review standard monthly journal entries including marketing and advertising accruals, deferred revenue, participations, and residuals.
• Aid in joint venture & investment accounting within the Global Entertainment Group.
• Prepare account rollforwards and footnote disclosures to aid in the Viacom submission associated with the Global Entertainment Group
• Work directly with finance and operational teams within the Global Entertainment Group.
• Work as a liaison between the Global Business Service Center and the Channel Finance Group.
• Assist with ad hoc management requests, including: interacting with PricewaterhouseCoopers and the quarterly/yearly audit requests and other general departmental support.
• Ensure that all relevant key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience
• Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts and processes
• Team player with the ability to work with and communicate with people at different levels within the organization
• Demonstrate the ability to perform effective work load prioritization and management
• Demonstrate the ability to be a self starter and take initiative and follow through
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (oral, written & listening)
• Prior Big Four experience a plus
• CPA (or equivalent) a plus
• Prior entertainment & media experience a plus
• Experience in HFM, Longview and SAP a strong plus