Software Engineer, Tools Workflow
Full Time Job
???'software Engineer– Professional that participates in development, implementation, and support of application systems for the Broadcast Systems Development team.
• Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques
• Shares knowledge effectively within the team
• Develops solutions that are testable and measurable and participates in post-implementation code reviews
• Provides daily operational support for production systems as needed
• Actively participates in daily team standups, sprint ceremonies, team code reviews
• Participates in technical design discussions
• Produces documentation for changes and enhancements to current systems
• Estimates own work effort, escalates delays, issues, risks and highlights to project managers
• Joining a high performing team of 8-15, responsible for broadcast systems development at Viacom
• Typical candidates will possess 2 years of relevant experience and BS in computer science or related fields or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrates familiarity and working knowledge of the following relevant programming languages and tools.
• C# .NET (minimum 2 years’ experience)
• Demonstrates understanding of application development methods, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specification, design, coding, and testing of business applications systems.
• Expected to develop a working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems on the existing systems supported.
• Expected to test, implement, document, and maintain system components based on specifications as well as troubleshoot existing tools and utilities.
• Experience working with both small and large project code bases
• Strong understanding of OOD, code refactoring, unit testing, and programming best practices.
• Excellent communication skills
• SQL (MYSQL / SQL Server), NoSQL experience a plus
• Unit testing fundamentals, TDD a plus
• Experience with SignalR a plus
• C a plus
• Entertainment / Broadcast industry experience a plus
• Agile / SCRUM experience a plus