Senior Project Manager/Producer
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Project Manager/Producer position plays an integral role within the Catalyst team managing integrated projects (print, digital, video and merchandise) across each area of the department. The Senior Project Manager/Producer is responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules and estimates both on the campaign and project level. Under the direction of the Senior Account Directors, the senior manager will handle job initiations for all assigned projects. This role is responsible for overseeing project development from inception through completion, partnering with internal creative and production teams as well as both internal and external clients and vendors. This role is responsible for facilitating ongoing, effective communications between the Catalyst team and clients. This candidate should have a passion for creative and be forwarding thinking in terms of improving processes and building efficient workflows to support the department. This role needs to be able to discuss overarching issues, problem-solve and unify client communications and information.
• The Senior Project Manager/Producer will handle the project management of projects for Viacom and key departments within the company. Projects cross all media (print, digital, video, design and branding).
• Must be able to successfully manage internal client relationships, project schedules & estimates. Skillfully manage projects from planning through execution stages including financial management. Collaborate with team members to keep workflow moving smoothly and produced in an efficient manner.
• Communicate on a daily basis key dates, action items and updates with Catalyst team members, clients and vendors to ensure on time delivery of projects.
• Closely manage project budgets including the ability to develop accurate cost estimates for projects as well maintaining the budget and post project reporting.
• Communicate strategically and partner with project managers, creative, video, digital and production teams to ensure key due dates are met and clients goals and objectives are achieved.
• Establish strong partnerships with clients to support a positive communication process and workflow between departments.
• Route/traffic projects within the Catalyst department between project management, production and creative to meet established deadlines.
• Help facilitate and lead project related meetings along with a timely follow up of meeting notes and action items for large-scale events and campaigns.
• Partner with Account team members to support the project management and execution of large-scale projects such as trade or company wide initiatives, processing invoices and estimates.
• Work with project management team and area leads in standardizing processes and procedures in order to maximize efficiency and produce the highest quality work.
• Oversee and handle, as needed the distribution of digital assets and process image requests from clients and vendors.
• Support the process of acquiring images and logos from brand teams for specific project and general department use.
• Minimum 5 - 7 years project management experience with the ability to manage multi-platform projects from initiation through completion within a fast-paced environment.
• Experience producing materials associated with print, video and digital media with a solid understanding of the processes and team members required in order to execute a project.
• Solid understanding of creative development and digital technologies.
• Experience dealing directly with clients, ability to build and nurture those relationships.
• Strong understanding of how to develop and manage budgets, invoicing, vendor setup and expense reporting.
• Experience managing projects, timelines and resources using project management software.(e.g. Workfront, Basecamp or equivalent)
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
• Must work well under pressure, prioritizing projects according to changing deadlines and have strong writing, communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Must be solutions and results-oriented, flexible and able to maintain composure.
• Must be responsible, dedicated, positive, reliable, dynamic and enthusiastic.
• Ability to understand the business side and to think creatively.
• A strong strategic thinker, able to translate data into effective business cases.
• A team player who initiates innovative ideas and solutions to everyday and emerging situations.
• Well organized and pays attention to detail with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize actions and deadlines, and follow-through on tasks
• Working knowledge of Adobe creative design suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. a plus.
• Brand marketing and/or advertising experience a plus.