Senior Director, Worldwide Financial Reporting
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Responsible for managing External Reporting, Internal Reporting & Consolidations and Financial Project teams (approximately 7 people)
• Responsible for the preparation and review of Viacom’s Form 10-Q and 10-K filings, inclusive of financial statement analyses, financial statement disclosure checklist and XBRL tagging
• Review of quarterly earnings documents, including earnings release, earnings call presentation, trending schedules, management scripts, earnings call Q&A. Liaison with Investor Relations, Corporate Communications, FP&A and Legal
• Oversee and review worldwide consolidation process
• Review internal reporting to senior management and audit committee, including the quarterly Earnings Book and Financial Review Decks
• Oversee cash flow reporting and analysis for external (GAAP) and internal (divisional free cash flow) purposes
• Responsible for calculation of basic/diluted weighted average shares and EPS
• Responsible for Media Networks divisional financial reporting function, including review of Longview and HFM P&L packages and related analyses and support of Media Networks and Viacom Corporate Finance teams during monthly close process.
• Work closely with Divisional Controller’s groups, FP&A, Treasury, HR Finance, Legal and Tax to ensure accuracy of external reporting.
• Act as Financial Reporting lead for debt transactions, including coordination with Legal for support requests and review of offering documents
• Support ad hoc operational and technical accounting projects
• Ensure that all relevant key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley.
• Work with external auditors during quarterly and year end reviews and audits by preparing information requests and addressing inquiries.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 10 years relevant work experience, including External Reporting and Public Accounting
• Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
• Fosters teamwork by promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of open communication
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written & listening)
• Ability to develop and present communications geared for varied audiences
• Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, be proactive and follow through
• Prior entertainment & media experience a plus
• Experience in HFM and Longview a plus