Senior Director, Marketing & Partner Insights
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Director reports to the Vice President of Viacom Marketing and Partner Insights. The ideal candidate is a team leader possessing forward-thinking analytical skills with a background analyzing on-air, digital and convergent research quantitatively and qualitatively.
• Act as a strong # 2 to the VP of Marketing and Partner Insights.
• Provide strategic support to Viacom television Ad Sales, Pricing & Inventory and Ad Sales Marketing for all Viacom channels with a specific focus on Kids & Family brands.
• Develop innovative and insightful initiatives that competitively position and distinguish Viacom on-air and digital brands in the marketplace.
• Present those insights both internally and externally.
• Participate in meetings, offering insights and share best practices as well as individual day-to-day happenings.
• Work independently and proactively on problem solving and creating projects to move business forward beyond day-to-day requests.
• Being a research insights and data partner to the sales, marketing and strategy groups.
• Assist in the development of audience insights, channel positioning, and advertising effectiveness.
• 8 years in related media research
• Proficiency in Nielsen based applications (Multi Trak, N-Power, Catalina, NBI) and digital/VOD/social systems and measurement (comScore, Omniture, @Plan)
• Expertise using consumer based studies: MRI, YouGov)
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Extensive background in creating custom presentations using a variety of resources.
• A comfortable and experienced public speaker and presenter.
• Experience supervising, motivating, mentoring and training a research staff.
• Works well both independently and within a large group dynamic.
• Strong research and analytical skills, with an ability to identify trends, draw valid conclusions, make insightful recommendations and create dynamic presentations.
Behaviors and skills desired include:
• job/industry knowledge, meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems, effective communication and management skills, strong organizational skills and sound judgment