ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Global Multiplatform is seeking a Product Manager with 3 years of experience ideating, planning, defining, managing and optimizing best-of-breed experiences to work on the next generation of digital web across MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Spike, and the rest of Viacom’s Entertainment brands.
The Product Manager will manage an Agile/Scrum product team to prioritize the work to maximize the benefit to users and the business. He or she will also be hands on in authoring user stories, analyzing competition, creating wireframes, collaborating with specialists and stakeholders, reporting on the results, driving KPIs, and evangelizing for a user-centered approach. This position provides the opportunity to work up and down the Global Multiplatform organization as well as horizontally with our functional teams including consumer research, legal, standards, marketing, international, business development, engineering, editorial and design.
Viacom Global Entertainment Group, a division of Viacom Media Networks, strives to create innovative digital products for all of the new ways our customers access our content. If you have a passion for creativity, are knowledgeable about the digital space, have an outstanding track record of delivering successful digital content and entertaining experiences, and are excited about the future and potential of immersive web experiences, we want to talk to you!
• Drive and communicate clearly and broadly the goals for the digital program by working with senior stakeholders and functional department leads.
• Help to build a best-in-breed Product organization and ensuring the team is prioritizing those efforts which grow the business.
• Keep a pervasive focus on bringing the FUN and WOW to our digital experiences.
• Encourage metrics-based optimizations to the program —striking the right balance between fixing bugs while enhancing and launching new features.
• With your team, research and present competitive and best-practice analyses.
• Working with our internal research department, develop an accurate and useful picture of our diverse audience.
• Develop highly functional relationships with the other Global Entertainment Group departments (e.g. Marketing) and other Viacom centralized teams (QA, Platform, etc.) to leverage our scale our distributed expertise.
• Be a leader in Digital, setting the quality bar high and encouraging collaboration and other behaviors which result in the best and most innovative experiences for our users.
• Propose and drive enhancements to all of the above including process improvements.
• 3 years as a digital product manager or equivalent.
• 5 years professional experience in the consumer-facing digital space.
• Experience managing product development efforts to align with key goals, digital marketing initiatives, and ad sales efforts.
• Ability to instinctively think in business value and always separate the “what” from the “how”
• Intellectually curious, love hard problems, and learn very quickly
• Substantial understanding of web trends and experience authoring requirements that deliver video, desktop experiences, mobile/tablet experiences, content management, user tracking, etc.
• Interest in working on digital experiences in the Entertainment space.
• An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to the demands of all levels and types of production duties.
• Experience with content-rich web experiences including video content.
• Experience with video-heavy experiences a plus.
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment a plus.
• Experience building digital experiences for Entertainment brands.