Manager, Marketing & Partner Solutions Strategy
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Manager, Marketing & Partner Solutions (MPS) Strategy, is a key position within the MPS Strategy group. The Strategy group works with the VMN Ad Sales, Marketing and Operations teams to assist them in the evaluation of market trends, development of overall sales strategy and goals, and enables MPS Leadership to make strategic choices. The group is a key driver of change in the MPS organization, while fostering collaboration across Ad Sales and related groups, to drive ad revenue growth and future opportunities. The Manager is responsible for the underlying research, analysis, and insights for the various Strategy projects – this includes researching the advertising industry, performing Excel-based analysis and forecasting, and developing well-designed PowerPoint presentations. The position has high exposure to MPS leadership and multiple Viacom groups outside of Sales.
• Support Ad Sales Strategy VP and Directors in driving key projects which would require the Manager to:
• Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses, and help develop insights and recommendations for our business and the broader marketplace
• Create Excel financial models and analyze trends
• Research industry trends and key players; develop “Deep Dive” reports
• Oversee the collection and analysis of information from internal and external sources for each year’s Upfront strategy
• Collaborate with MPS functional groups (i.e., Sales, Marketing, etc.) and Media & Technology Services to drive adoption of key sales support systems (e.g., CRM, record retention, etc.)
• Define internal, cross-team processes for new initiatives and products; identify process improvements for existing sales initiatives
• Produce effective and well-designed components of PowerPoint presentations based on direction from the Project leads
• Liaise with multiple business areas involved in cross-functional projects
• Work on special projects and ad hoc requests as needed
• Clearly articulate stories behind presentations to the Directors and MPS Strategy upper management
• Present in an insightful and professional manner to VMN executives, as appropriate
• Lead training sessions as appropriate
• Help craft external communication schedules as appropriate
• Collect/analyze data to provide insight on trends in the ad industry and the performance of VMN Ad Sales group
• Work with cross-functional teams to initiate selected projects
• Develop relationships internally to be able to approach all topics with a full understanding of linear and digital operations
• Assign duties to Analyst for relevant projects
• Demonstrate knowledge and passion for advertising, sales, media / entertainment and technology. Develop self in the areas of business strategy, analysis, organizational change, project management.
• Monitor the advertising, marketing, and media/tech industry for key trends to formulate projections both short and long term; stay current and contribute to continued development of entire Strategy team by sharing relevant information
• Support oversight and development of Analyst
• Advanced Excel analysis
• Building stories and creating PowerPoint decks
• Creating reports in MS Word
• Summarizing disparate data into informative Executive summaries
• Applying knowledge in obtaining needed data - both from internal systems as well as external data and sources. Understand the proper internal groups on point to provide key types of data (e.g., financials, ratings, etc.). Knowledge of how to utilize subscription resources like Lexus Nexus, Forrester, TNS/ Kantar, AdViews, etc., as well as general online research sourcesProficiency in key frameworks for strategic analysis - for example, competitive analysis, key financial ratios, SWOT analysis, market/industry analysis, etc.
• Proficiency in key frameworks for strategic analysis - for example, competitive analysis, key financial ratios, SWOT analysis, market/industry analysis, etc.
• Learning and applying frameworks for analysis of organizations - structure, efficiency, processes, and competency definitions
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 4 years work experience in the media, entertainment or advertising industries in similar or related position; and/ or covering those industries in investment banking or management consulting
• Comfortable working on broad array of projects involving multiple functional groups; experience managing such projects
• Outstanding project management and time management skills, comfortable working under tight deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills