Manager, International Communications
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A key member of the VIMN Communications team. A creative, curious, highly motivated individual who is comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders to support the company’s business and communications and objectives. The responsibilities span corporate and brand communications across all platforms.
• Support the development and execution of communications strategies around corporate priorities and core lines of business (e.g. multiplatform/content, research, consumer products, affiliate, ad sales, etc)
• Write press materials (e.g. announcements, briefs, bios)
• Research competitive stories that provide background on our businesses
• Identify key speaking opportunities for VIMN senior executives
• Organize photo shoots, internal events and key corporate meetings
• Support events such as corporate town halls, industry client and public affair events, and executive speaking events.
• Internal Communications and Employee Engagement
• Develop and execute employee engagement initiatives and internal communications campaigns and tactics that support VIMN’s business and employee engagement objectives via: Events, Written update Live streams and Q&As.
Brand Support / Talent Relations
• Create brand, channel launch and series launch communications strategies to support key priorities
• Collaborate across teams including social, digital, creative, marketing and sponsorship
• Support international programming launches, including pitching trade and consumer media.
• Act as central communications contact for regional teams outside of the US for Paramount and Spike.
• Field publicity requests organize interview requests and oversee the management and distribution of all program and brand-related assets and materials.
• Lead press efforts for international media during tent pole events
• In partnership with international marketing, plan, organize and manage talent promotional trips and press junkets
• Help manage distribution and flow of all VIMN communications assets amongst VIMN comms offices worldwide.
• Manage and grow journalist and influencer relationships
• Integrate social media into communications plans as appropriate
• Lead international press efforts and strategy around domestic award shows
• Manage all aspects of event related press and logistics including: international media accreditation allotment; red carpet placement; studio/set visits, executive producer or talent interviews, rehearsal access, venue and gift bag, tours
• 4-6 years of professional communications and/or PR experience, preferably in entertainment/media industry
• Excellent media relationships and proven media relations results
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Expertise in social media
• Highly organized and detailed oriented
• Solid problem solving skills
• Highly motivated, self-starter who takes initiative
• Resourceful and able to work independently
• Strong collaborator/ team player