Manager, Interior Design
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fueled by the possibilities of design, ideas and knowledge, our internal Planning & Design Studio has delivered groundbreaking spaces for clients that include MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, BET, Comedy Central, Spike, TV Land and CMT. Viacom’s Planning & Design Studio is hiring an Interior Architect| Designer and change agent with a proven record to deliver successful corporate projects to join our team.
The Interior Designer will work directly with the Vice President of the Studio. Successful candidates must have a strong level of experience in space planning and design development skills including the ability to create diversified design concepts, furniture specifications, and finishes and materials selection for various different client brands.
The role of Interior Design Manager will focus on the design & furniture strategy for Viacom Construction projects and will be responsible for monitoring all design aspects of projects – function, scope of services, schedule, and budget – to deliver the highest quality of work meeting our client’s expectations. It is important that candidates maintain excellent client and vendor relationships, have clear communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple design projects efficiently.
Our Studio is seeking someone who:
• Will manage multiple design & furniture projects for all Viacom facility expansions. This includes representing Viacom to outside consultants hired to design and build the space as well as serving as “Owner Representative” at design and construction meetings.
• Participates in or lead the design process from inception through completion, including but not limited to: leading programming and pre-planning design analysis, FF&E, furniture systems and specification and purchasing, detailed project budgets, bidding & award, project close-out and the LEED process.
• Is capable and has a creative approach to the use of colors and materials with outstanding graphic presentation skills. Will be responsible for preparing design presentations including sketches and material boards, working drawings including construction details, millwork details and specifications. The Interior Architect | Designer must be able to manage the project during all phases of the work.
• The manager will help create pilots of workplace innovation programs, which includes: benchmarks, metrics tracking, workplace surveys, best practices, space planning guidelines and knowledge sharing globally in order to disseminate strategy across all regions.
• Understand Budget management creation and reconciliation of multiple projects.
• Proven ability to write RFP’s and negotiates contracts for services, consultants and contractors.
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related degree with a strong concentration in design.
• Minimum of 5 -7 years design experience with an architectural or interior design firm.
• Strong corporate Interior project experience, all phases of design.
• Fluent in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite (Other design-related programs are a plus)
• Active membership in IIDA, AIA, or Core Net. New York Certified Interior Designer a plus.
• Commitment and passion for design; ability to connect concept through to the details.
• Ideal candidate will influence and or negotiate to successfully change cultural attitudes as a means to introduce innovative ways of working globally.
• Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks pressure in a fast paced environment