Manager, Analytics & Insights
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Audience Solutions Group (ASG) at Viacom Media Networks is seeking a Senior Analyst, Analytics & Insights with prior experience in analysis providing actionable insights of digital marketing metrics from various data sources.
This role will focus on developing and producing regular and ad-hoc analyses in support of various corporate and brand stakeholders and providing actionable insights into how ASG’s promo marketing efforts on behalf of Brand Consumer Marketing teams are performing and driving tune-in.
The ability to interpret data and provide relevant context to explain industry shifts and usage across multiple platforms will be key to success in this role. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, an inquisitive nature, attention to detail and a love of media.
Your duties will also include supporting our various analytics solutions including Datorama, Domo, Tableau, Cognos, etc. You will work directly with businesses leads, analysts, and data scientists as well as internal brand clients to understand and support their use cases, building an infrastructure and data platform to validate requirements.
• Deliver campaign & ad-hoc analyses to provide various teams with understanding of how our marketing efforts drive tune-in, brand awareness, or any other applicable KPI.
• Provide in-depth, but digestible and visual campaign analysis for all campaigns in a timely manner. Present findings with senior management during client meetings.
• Oversee and administer the data processing and dashboarding solution with our data aggregation system
• Own one or more key components of data infrastructure and work continually to improve it, identify gaps and enhance the platform’s quality and robustness of reporting
• Build, deploy, and maintain critical analytics solutions that process big data quickly and at scale
• Regular and ongoing communication with data providers/vendors to maintain current documentation of relevant product offerings, measurement methods & limitations
• Work closely with members of Account Services, Media Execution, Research, Marketing and Data Science teams to support the overall business needs
• Attend/participate in relevant media industry events, in-person and/or online
• A BS degree in a quantitative discipline incl. economics, biostatistics, computer science, or related technical field preferred. Bachelor’s degree is required
• 2-3 years of experience in digital marketing and analytics role
• Familiarity with Datorama, Domo, Tableau, or other Business Intelligence tools
• Proficiency with relevant measurement services and systems including Nielsen’s NPOWER, Lake5 Media, DBM, FB Business Manager, Adobe Audience Manager, etc.
• Some experience with television/video audience research.
Candidate must be a team player with a “can-do” attitude, who exhibits a deep passion for data, analytics, and problem solving.
• Candidate must have an entrepreneurial drive, passion, and natural curiosity for the work.
Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Aptitude to work independently as well as collaboratively.
• Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across Viacom – including corporate groups.
• Knowledge of working in a big data environment with distributed database or storage systems for distributed processing.
• Knowledge of comScore and Adobe SiteCatayst is desired.
• Expert user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Knowledge of R and/or Python is a plus.
• Exposure to comparable technology such as Amazon Web Services (EMR and Redshift) is a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL server is a plus.