Log Specialist Opportunities
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is always on the lookout for fresh talent at the Log Specialist level to join our Commercial Operations department. Our team of Log Specialists work together with the Copy Specialist Team and Client Service Representative Team to execute a network’s commercial inventory. The Log Specialist is responsible for scheduling the commercial elements on a network, while working with and supporting a variety of other internal departments to ensure the satisfaction of Viacom’s clients.
• Report directly to Commercial Ops Manager.
• Work with a team of Log and Copy Specialists.
• Responsible for scheduling the layout of commercial inventory for air on a network.
• Ensuring all commercial elements are properly placed in accordance with the restrictions and constraints set by the advertisers.
• Ensuring all FCC regulations and guidelines are met and upheld.
• Communicate and collaborate with various internal departments who impact the execution of the logs; such as Ad Sales, Standards & Practices, Programming, Media Planning and the NOC.
• Merge daily commercial layouts with daily programming layouts, in order to link a network’s SD & HD feed to the NOC for air.
• Execute late commercial changes to a finalized commercial layout that has been sent to the NOC for air, using a program known as e-Log.
• Conduct crucial daily meetings with Standards & Practices to ensure commercial placement reflects the FCC guidelines outlined by the Children’s Television Act (Only on Kids & Family networks).
• Bachelors degree required
• Experience with Wide Orbit or other similar traffic systems is a plus.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and technologies.
• Proficient in the Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize.
• Flexible, with the ability to adapt to unexpected issues and changes.
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
• A team player, with the ability to work independently.
• Must be flexible with hours.