Director , Product Mgmt- Data Platforms
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Reporting to the SVP Data Platform, the Director, Product Management - Machine Learning will identify, evangelize, and execute on initiatives that use machine learning to address business opportunities within Viacom’s content lifecycle and technical operations. He/she will have a grounding in product management best practices and an understanding of how natural language processing, visual recognition, anomaly detection, and knowledge graph systems can be used to supercharge a 21st century, global media company.
• Own the product roadmap for the Data Platform’s machine learning workstream, collaborating with stakeholders and technical partners to crystalize opportunities and prioritize efforts.
• Partner with engineering leads in build-vs.-buy conversations to ensure that technology choices meet business needs.
• Evangelize platform-level machine learning opportunities - via long-form document, short-form presentations, and ad-hoc conversations.
• Be able to quantify those opportunities in terms of revenue potential or cost savings (product/market fit).
• Maintain subject matter expertise, keeping tabs on media business applications of emerging technologies in the machine learning space.
• May manage one direct report.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 8 years of relevant experience, including 5 years in product management
• 1 years working with data scientists
• Familiarity with graph database technologies, semantic web, and various machine learning algorithm vendors/libraries.
• Understanding of how enhanced metadata can inform the processes for content acquisition, distribution, programming, advertising, and secondary distribution.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to evolve a message based on intended audience and medium.
• Deep working knowledge of product management best practices, and how to modify them to meet evolving needs.
• MBA a plus