Director, Marketing Strategy
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. With media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers, Viacom's leading brands include MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV Land, SPIKE, Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA. Big data and predictive analytics are re-inventing TV advertising, bringing targeting and precision audience modeling from digital marketing to the world of linear and digital television.
We are looking for a dynamic Marketing Director to set the strategy for Viacom’s trade and product marketing initiatives aligned to the strategic objectives of the company and its portfolio of brands. The Director will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of marketing plans to drive awareness and leadership among our key audiences. They will work within the broader Marketing-Communications team in support of business units including Ad Sales, Advanced Advertising and Content Distribution. Candidates should be passionate and knowledgeable about the intersection of media and technology, be able to anticipate and analyze key industry trends to identify growth opportunities, and cultivate a wide variety of marketing initiatives
• Develop marketing strategy and initiatives in support of Viacom and its portfolio of brands to drive awareness and leadership among key audience segments
• Develop and manage Viacom’s trade marketing initiatives including annual trade campaign and Upfront initiatives in support of Ad Sales
• Develop and manage product marketing initiatives to scale adoption of Viacom’s advanced advertising products, and collaborate with Product Management and Sales Stategy
• Drive go-to-market strategy and product launches including building compelling product marketing positioning and narratives
• Lead the development and ongoing optimization of a client-facing digital hub to integrate Viacom thought leadership and marketing solutions
• Anticipate and monitor the competitive landscape and competitive messaging on an ongoing basis, understanding customer needs, competitive drivers and market trends
• Work with cross-functional working teams dedicated to developing and executing specific marketing initiatives for the company.
• Distill complex media, advertising, and tech concepts into clear, simple marketing outputs
• Oversee project timelines, budgets, materials production, event planning, etc.
• Build strong internal and external relationships to ensure Viacom’s objectives, messages and tactics are properly communicated and represented in the market
• Manage a team of marketers, setting best practice, managing performance and optimizing workflows
• 8-10 years marketing experience (Must have B2B, ad tech or media experience)
• Must have a great understanding of data and analytics
• Creative thinker who can step out of the box and propose strategic, innovative ideas but can also get their hands dirty with strong executional abilities
• Solid understanding of the TV and digital eco-system, including content strategies, business models and monetization strategies
• Big appetite for diving into complex concepts, ranging from value proposition development measurement/evaluation frameworks and KPIs
• Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, and presentation skills
• Flexibility, initiative, appetite for dynamic environment
• Strong interpersonal, relationship-development and leadership skills
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and multi-task
• Fan of Viacom brands!