Digital Operations Analyst
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Media Networks is the home of MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and other cutting-edge networks and websites. Join us as an Analyst in the Digital Operations (Pricing, Inventory and Delivery) group where you can help fuel our continued growth in digital media, and apply your expertise in data analysis, monetization and grow your career in exciting new ways.
We’re looking for data wizards who can fluently travel between the worlds of spreadsheets, operations, sales and marketing , and seamlessly process challenges and string solutions across these points.
The Analyst will be responsible for helping to maximize the revenue generated by Viacom’s digital media properties, working with various teams and stakeholders during all critical stages of the sales cycle. This includes deal structuring (pricing, volume/forecasting, metrics, packaging), campaign fulfillment, product development and client retention.
The Digital Operations Analyst will perform the following:
• Increase revenue yield across VMN digital properties by performing expert data and inventory analysis and through well-constructed advertising deals
• Oversee management of digital advertising inventory, presenting finely tuned and clearly presented analysis of past and accurately forecasted future inventory
• Track a high volume of live digital ad campaigns; steer expertly to full delivery/high performance
• Improve effectiveness and efficiency of digital operations processes and procedures
• Be deeply immersed in the inventory and revenue data, and translate data, and implications, clearly to sales, leadership and operations – be involved in creating and executing data-driven business strategy
• Work often and closely with Sales teams to deliver against both the needs of the business and the marketplace
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
• 1-3 years of relevant experience in analytics and data
• Advanced level data and excel skill
• Finely tuned intrapersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams
• The ability to navigate constantly changing business environments
• Have a highly curious intellect and an entrepreneurial mindset that drives progress
• Passion for digital media, numbers, data
• Strong internal customer-service skills