ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is looking for a Data Scientist who can leverage innovative machine learning and data mining technologies, for solving novel and diverse sets of problems across linear and digital TV Integrated Marketing and Social Media. You will support Senior Data Scientists on the team and participate in the analysis, development and launch of data strategy products. You will support the development of data product strategies into tactical plans and will assist in coordinating and managing initiatives throughout the product launch.
In addition, this role will be responsible for the following:
• Collect, process and cleanse raw data from a wide variety of sources.
• Transform and convert unstructured data set into structured data products.
• Identify, generate, and select modeling features from various data sets.
• Train and build machine-learning models to meet business goals.
• Analyze and evaluate performance results from model execution
• Analyze and evaluate versions of data visualization tools.
• Master's in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or Statistics.
• Advanced statistical methodology, data mining, Bayesian networks, probabilistic models; software package and coding (R, SPSS – advanced, Python, Octave/Matlab - basic). Techniques: multiple, linear and logistic regression, ANOVA, MANOVA, factor, discriminant and cluster analyses, multidimensional scaling, PCA, ICA, SVM; Data cleaning, munging, organizing.
• Expert in Excel, proficient in a statistical software package (R).
• Skilled in accessing data from relational databases (SQL).
• Knowledge of T.V. buying process, metrics, and data sources including Nielsen, Rentrak, and, familiarity with T.V. buying platforms is a plus.
• Software development skills a plus.