Associate, Master Data Gov Group
Full Time Job
Responsible for Creation and Maintenance of Master Data in SAP, which includes Chart of Accounts (Cost Center, Profit Center, Accounts, Projects, MPMs., etc).
• Verify Project maintenance requests coming through the Master Data Tool requests for accuracy and validity.
• Understand the relations between attributes in a Project master data, impact of changes to the attributes
• Create new Projects in a timely manner, with accuracy.
• Govern the Media Product Master, check the validity of requests.
• Maintain other SAP FI and CO master data viz., GL accounts, Cost Center, Profit Center, CC and PC hierarchy, with a thorough understanding of the impact of changes of attributes.
• Escalate requests and issues to the Production support team for requests related to master data needing RTR configuration.
• Track the requests, and maintain all backup copies in an organized fashion.
• Provide necessary reports and/or backups to the compliance team periodically as well as upon request.
• Perform periodic clean up of projects, close projects that are inactive, mark inactive projects for deletion. Other clean-up activities as assigned.
• Settlement of assets: understand the settlement rule, create and correct settlement rule, rectify settlement errors.
• Change amortization types, maintain programming asset master data.
• Create and maintain Capital Projects and Fixed Assets.
• Create, maintain intangible assets.
• Monitoring/answering email questions that come through the group inbox
• Liaison between Finance, Controllers group, Business groups, Production support, and the rest of the groups in the Shared services office
• Training of new employees.
• Identifying areas of process improvements.
• Participate in activities related to subsequent SAP roll-outs, improvements to Master Data Tool such as testing.
• Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business preferred but not required.
• Experience in a multi-location company.
• 2 years experience in the Master Data group in a complex global environment.
• Media Industry Background desirable
• Experience in SAP FICO, PS as a user or super user preferred. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, other office applications. Prior experience in ERP accounting system.
• Attention to Detail
• Strong communication and influencing skills.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle conflict and be effective in a team environment.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced business environment,
• Ability to deliver commitments, meeting deadlines.
• Desire and willingness to learn new skills, perform functions as assigned.
• Proactive approach coupled with a positive professional disposition.