Analyst, Data Solutions
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
TV advertising is being reinvented through big data, predictive analytics and other audience segmentation tools that were previously only available in the digital world. Viacom Vantage, Viacom’s data-driven television platform, is at the forefront of this reinvention of TV advertising, and we are offering a select few individuals the opportunity to join our team.
In this role, you will be a critical member of the data solutions team for Viacom Vantage, helping design and implement data-driven campaigns. The scope of work extends from pre-sales pitch design to segmentation strategy to on-boarding to campaign management to reporting and analytics.
• Work with the Directors and Account Executives in the Vantage Solutions team to craft proposals, manage data vendor projects and build reports.
• Track and analyze campaign delivery metrics, ensure client campaigns are on-boarded accurately and on time.
• Cross-check and QA statistical analysis provided by vendors to ensure that there are no errors or mistakes
• Work with segmentation data and delivery data to identify opportunities for automation; design and build tools that simplify management of campaigns.
• Help in the onboarding of advertiser first-party CRM or DMP segments with partners to ensure smooth creation of Vantage virtual networks
• Build segmentation approaches that map to client objectives, including recommended data sources, segment sizing and segment qualification
• An undergraduate degree in Statistics, Finance, Economics or related numerical science.
• Solid understanding of numerical and statistical methods and the ability to apply them to real world problems.
• Some experience in data science, specifically with SQL and R their application for exploratory data analysis.
• A basic understanding of advertising and agency ecosystem in television and/or digital.
• Fluency in Word, Powerpoint and Excel
• Passion for problem-solving and the ability to find answers to difficult questions – the sort of answers that others might struggle to find
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience building and leading presentations
• An entrepreneurial approach with a bias for action