Head of Accounting
Verve Talent and Literary AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Perform day to day management of all payment cycle activities such as depositing client checks, cutting commission, and sending out net payment to the client
• Interact with agents and assistants to make sure payment schedules are correct, payments are being made in a timely manner and pursuant to client contracts
• Liaise with internal and external clients
• Regularly tabulate data and compile necessary reports
• Working experience in Trust Accounting, preferably in the entertainment industry
• Ability to decipher contracts and create payment schedules
• Accounting and bookkeeping skills, including a basic knowledge of how loan-out corporations operate
• Experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks and Datafaction
• Knowledge of entertainment based accounting systems i.e. InEntertainment and Oasis a plus
• B.S. Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
Founded in 2010, Verve has established itself as a premiere literary agency. Verve represents writers and directors in the film, television and digital space. Verve's philosophy of ''artist-first'' representation delivers a more personal and hands-on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online