Head of Lighting
VStar EntertainmentMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
Primary Objective of Position:
Head of Lighting position available with a Family entertainment show touring continental North America for 42 weeks. Mid-level experience in the touring industry sought with experience and knowledge in moving light repair, time code, calling follow spot cues, rigging prehung truss systems and running a crew for load-in and load-outs.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Work with Performance Director and Tour Production Manager to maintain the artistic ''look'' of the show from performance and operation standpoints. Operate the lighting system during performances. This includes calling follow spot cues.
2. Functions as a ''hands on'' department head working with technical staff to provide maintenance and upkeep of all lighting, special effects, video, sound, and rigging electrical systems.
3. Supervise assistant electrician, sound person and local crews in the load in, focus, operation and load out of the lighting and sound systems for your show. Troubleshoot any technical problems encountered. Inform Company Manager, Tour Production Manager and VPS of any problems requiring shop assistance.
4. Be present at pre-rig to make decisions about front of house lighting and sound placement.
5. Work with Performance Director and Tour Production Manager to create a master cue sheet of all performance cues and lighting changes during production. Continue to coordinate the cueing and performance of the show throughout duration of the tour. Implement corrections necessary to maintain and/ or improve the look of the show from both performance and crew standpoints. Operate the lighting system and call follow spot cues during performances.
6. Plan and implement maintenance procedures for lighting, sound, video, rigging electrical systems and special effects equipment. Assess systems maintenance needs and implement necessary steps to assure operational safety and integrity.
7. Maintain current paperwork, which includes, but is not limited to, system designs (light plot as well as circuit layouts), cue sheets, and equipment lists for electrical aspects of your show.
8. Maintain an up to date archive of labeled show disks from the lighting consoles.
9. Work with VStar Entertainment Operations Department, Company Manager and Tour Production Manager to advance the show into each building and to perform site inspection of possible future buildings.
10. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with outside vendors and clients.
11. Work with VPS staff throughout tour to assess problems with show equipment and provide possible solutions.
12. Keep the VPS electric department manager informed of all matters, which require immediate attention.
13. Adhere to all established safety guidelines. Including relevant parts of the National Electrical Code and standards set by VPS.
14. Willing to do ''high'' focus or truss focus. Must use safety lines and harness that meet current industry standards. NO EXCEPTIONS!
15. Hog or similar board experience required. Rigging in arenas a plus.
16. All other duties as assigned.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online