Touring Event Technician
VStar Entertainment GroupMinneapolis, MN
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Touring Event Technician jobs in Minneapolis-MN
Search all Touring Event Technician postings
Full Time Job
We are seeking professionals who would be a responsible team player with a good work ethic to join our traveling exhibit. Discover the Dinosaurs Unleashed, is an interactive exhibit that includes animatronic Dinosaurs and dinosaur replicas, plus offers other fun activities for kids including inflatable's, dinosaur rides, mini golf, face painting, and gem & fossil mining.
The positions available are on VStar's touring production Discover the Dinosaurs: Unleashed, which takes place in Convention Centers and other Exhibition type venues across the continental US.
• This is an excellent opportunity for entry level stagehand experience and for those looking to expand their skills, and work their way up to more technically advanced or theatrical tours.
• As a member of our traveling team you're responsible for the load, unload, moves and installs of all materials for the show, also props and scenery by performing duties in accordance with Management's direction and best practices.
• During the show you are responsible for customer service, safety, performance/entertainment and various duties according to management direction.
• There are many positions available ranging from Retail sales assistants, Carpenters, Electricians, Props specialists, Managers, and more.
• VStar has numerous touring productions, making the opportunity to advance through the company streamlined with Discover the Dinosaurs: Unleashed being the entry level.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Basic knowledge of hand tools and how to use
Basic understanding of theatrical terms and directions
Responsible for compliance with all safety and security procedures
Demonstrable customer service experience is a must
Positive, enthusiastic and determined attitude
Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
Pleasant, professional, outgoing and articulate manner and appearance
Confident and authoritative with ability to deal with children, parents and staff
Flexible attitude to working requirements to meet the needs of the tour
Manual labor is a part of the job, weekly
100% travel required, must be able to travel for extended periods of time, a minimum of 26 weeks or more at one time.