Quality Control Technician
VERNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Quality Control Technician jobs in New York-NY
Search all Quality Control Technician postings
Full Time Job
The QC Tech is responsible for quality control of VER's most basic audio/video equipment. He/she will also assist in other departments in configuration and assembly of client orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Clean equipment after check in when returned; inspect new equipment upon delivery
• Test basic audio/video equipment when it comes in to the warehouse, including new and returned. Most frequently inspected equipment will be items such as, but not limited to, monitor poles, pipe and drape hardware, small monitors, small signal switchers, mic & speaker stands, small powered speakers, and cables.
• Organize and store all tested equipment
• Ensure all equipment is in top cosmetic shape
• Identifies equipment that requires further inspection or repair, and moves that equipment to a QC Technician II or QC Technician III
• Work cooperatively within a team and with other departments
• Demonstrate effective communication and problem-solving skills
• Initiate damage and lost items reporting to supervisor
• Assist with loading and unloading trucks
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Work well under hard deadlines; ability to plan workflow accordingly
• Basic understanding of A/V production equipment and functionality
• 6 months to 1 year of experience working with A/V equipment a plus
• Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a time-sensitive production environment
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
• Availability to work overtime during peak seasons and be willing to commute to our Secaucus, NJ location when needed.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving. Physical activities include frequent use of hand tools, bending, stooping, lifting, climbing stairs, carrying, walking and/or reaching regularly.