Quality Control Technician
VERNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The QC Tech is responsible for quality control of VER's most basic audio/video equipment. He/she will also assist in other departments in configuration and assembly of client orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Clean equipment after check in when returned; inspect new equipment upon delivery
• Test basic audio/video equipment when it comes in to the warehouse, including new and returned. Most frequently inspected equipment will be items such as, but not limited to, monitor poles, pipe and drape hardware, small monitors, small signal switchers, mic & speaker stands, small powered speakers, and cables.
• Organize and store all tested equipment
• Ensure all equipment is in top cosmetic shape
• Identifies equipment that requires further inspection or repair, and moves that equipment to a QC Technician II or QC Technician III
• Work cooperatively within a team and with other departments
• Demonstrate effective communication and problem-solving skills
• Initiate damage and lost items reporting to supervisor
• Assist with loading and unloading trucks
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Work well under hard deadlines; ability to plan workflow accordingly
• Basic understanding of A/V production equipment and functionality
• 6 months to 1 year of experience working with A/V equipment a plus
• Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a time-sensitive production environment
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
• Availability to work overtime during peak seasons and be willing to commute to our Secaucus, NJ location when needed.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving. Physical activities include frequent use of hand tools, bending, stooping, lifting, climbing stairs, carrying, walking and/or reaching regularly.
All employee benefits are 100% paid for by VER because we care about our employee's well-being! We are an equal opportunity employer.
VER is a leading, global provider of production equipment and engineering solutions. With the world's largest inventory of rental equipment, VER supplies the most advanced technology to a broad array of clients in the corporate, TV, cinema, live events and broadcast markets. Clients rely on VER's depth of experience in Audio, Video, Lighting, LED, Cameras, Rigging, Media Servers, Fiber and more. With 32 offices across North America and Europe, 24/7 support, and unparalleled expertise, the skilled team at VER can support any live or taped production anywhere in the world.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online