Quality Control Technician III
Full Time Job
The QC Tech is responsible for routine maintenance and quality control of VER's equipment. He/she will also assist in other departments in configuration and assembly of client orders as well as selection of appropriate gear with rental team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Clean equipment after check in when returned; inspect new equipment prior to delivery
• Facilitate repairs and maintain repair parts for warehouse inventory
• Test all equipment when it comes in to the warehouse, including new and returned
• Diagnose, log, and repair damaged items
• Assemble and configure equipment racks for delivery
• Manage firmware versions for applicable devices
• Ensure all equipment QC deadlines are met
• Work with engineers and management to create QC procedures for all gear
• Organize and store all tested equipment
• Ensure all equipment is in top cosmetic shape
• Oversee electrical and power distribution systems to ensure they are up to current codes and practices
• Assist with day-to-day preparation of integration challenges
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Work well under hard deadlines; ability to plan workflow accordingly
• Solid understanding of A/V production equipment and functionality
• Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a time-sensitive production environment
• Working knowledge of inventory software for forecasting workload
• 4-5 years of experience working with A/V equipment, dry-hire background a plus
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
• Availability to work overtime during peak seasons
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to spend up to 75% of work time standing or moving. Physical activities include frequent use of hand tools, bending, stooping, lifting, climbing stairs, carrying, walking and/or reaching regularly
All employee benefits are 100% paid for by VER because we care about our employee's well-being!
VER is a leading, global provider of production equipment and engineering solutions. With the worlds largest inventory of rental equipment, VER supplies the most advanced technology to a broad array of clients in the corporate, TV, cinema, live events and broadcast markets. Clients rely on VERs depth of experience in Audio, Video, Lighting, LED, Cameras, Rigging, Media Servers, Fiber and more. With 32 offices across North America and Europe, 24/7 support, and unparalleled expertise, the skilled team at VER can support any live or taped production anywhere in the world.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online