Lighting Bench Technician
Full Time Job
The bench technician's primary role will be to evaluate, repair and maintain all electronic and mechanical equipment at the component level for both the technical services department and equipment that exceeds the technical capabilities of the general QC programs of other internal Lighting departments. Will also be responsible for participating in and executing required software upgrades and hardware retrofits to manufacturer's Lighting products as needed.
• +3 years of board level trouble shooting and repair
• Advanced understanding of standard electrical procedures for safety, knowledge of standard electronic test equipment and basic A/C, D/C and digital circuit operation.
• Developed trouble shooting ability, using fundamental electronics principles
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
• Proficient in MS office products: Word, Excel and Outlook
HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Must be able to troubleshoot and execute other job functions with high attention to detail
• Must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines
• Must be able to multi-task in fast-paced environment, under pressure, and time constraints
• Ability to work flexible hours and overtime, including weekends and holidays, when needed
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All employee benefits are 100% paid for by VER because we care about our employee's well-being!
VER is a leading, global provider of production equipment and engineering solutions. With the world's largest inventory of rental equipment, VER supplies the most advanced technology to a broad array of clients in the corporate, TV, cinema, live events and broadcast markets. Clients rely on VER's depth of experience in Audio, Video, Lighting, LED, Cameras, Rigging, Media Servers, Fiber and more. With 32 offices across North America and Europe, 24/7 support, and unparalleled expertise, the skilled team at VER can support any live or taped production anywhere in the world.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online