Director of Branch Operations
Full Time Job
Direct all operational aspects of a VER location including distribution operations, client services, human resources, and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans for all departments
• Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
• Bring out the best in branch personnel by providing ongoing training, coaching, development and motivation
• Lead meetings with purpose and efficiency
• Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective action to meet challenges and leverage growth opportunity
• Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
• Address and resolve client and employee satisfaction issues promptly
• Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
• Consistently meet deadlines established by direct supervisor or above
• Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
• Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
• Report directly to the Managing Director of District Operations
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Minimum 5 years' success supervising operations teams of 10 or more
• Strong track record of effectively leading teams to obtain desired business results
• History of developing others into leadership positions
• Must have a strong work ethic and show proven metrics for success
• History of implementing change management
• Lean/Continuous improvement experience is a plus
• Goal driven, ''can do'' mentality; willing to jump in and work hard-- lead by example
• Experience with A/V video equipment and production preferred
• Bachelor's degree required
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
• Availability to work overtime during peak seasons
• Some overnight travel required (4-6 times per year)
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
• Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving. Physical activities include frequent use of hand tools, bending, stooping, lifting, climbing stairs, carrying, walking and/or reaching regularly
Supervises Operations Manager(s), Warehouse Fulfillment Employees, Drivers, and Dispatchers
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All employee benefits are 100% paid for by VER because we care about our employee's well-being!
VER is a leading, global provider of production equipment and engineering solutions. With the world's largest inventory of rental equipment, VER supplies the most advanced technology to a broad array of clients in the corporate, TV, cinema, live events and broadcast markets. Clients rely on VER's depth of experience in Audio, Video, Lighting, LED, Cameras, Rigging, Media Servers, Fiber and more. With 32 offices across North America and Europe, 24/7 support, and unparalleled expertise, the skilled team at VER can support any live or taped production anywhere in the world.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online