Broadcast Technical Manager
Full Time Job
The Broadcast Technical Manager leads the delivery of our Broadcast Projects. The Broadcast Technical Manager is at the center of the project and is our client's main point of contact and will work collaboratively with our engineering, operations and commercial teams. The Broadcast Technical Manager is a key figure in sales and delivery to our broadcast clients at the very highest level.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Specify, plan, deliver and manage broadcast facilities world-wide
* Work collaboratively with stakeholders, understand their needs, offer advice and opinion and provide complete solutions using the most appropriate technologies, expertise and techniques available?
* Identify market opportunities, while working with the commercial team to strategically tender, budget and negotiate with potential clients and vendors for solution provision
* Work with the commercial team to create and respond to requests for proposals. -
* Innovatively work with current and emerging broadcast technologies and providers
* Willingness to keep abreast of new technology and trends in the entertainment industry. Ability to research and identify new product offerings and services that will enhance the VER brand and align with VER standards and services to customers.
* Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices
* Form project teams (technical, non-technical and support) and lead them throughout the life of the project?
* Develop, manage and maintain client, vendor and stakeholder relationships at all levels -
* Financial forecasting , budget maintenance and control, procurement, reporting and analysis?
* Actively identify, communicate and manage risk across the full risk profile of a project
* Comply with Health and Safety and other applicable policies and legislation
* Project delivery exceeding client expectation
* Project delivery within agreed tolerances and meeting commercial objectives
* Practical experience of technical planning & management, delivering events and facilities whether recorded or live.
* A good understanding of the broadcast market and demonstrable knowledge of television broadcasting trends and techniques
* Familiar with managing and negotiating contracts, and responding to Invitations to Tender
* Broad knowledge of broadcast and film facilities and regional variations in approach
* Experience of financial reporting and budget management
* Strong relationship builder with excellent communication skills
* Good analysis and problem solving skills with ability to review and critique the status quo
* Excellent administrative and organisational skills
* Accurate communication of crucial information
* Methodical and accurate, even when under pressure
* Fluency in a second language
* Project Management skills
* Education to Degree Level or equivalent
* Production Health & Safety Training
* Basic knowledge of arithmetic
* Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
* Diplomacy and tact to enable influencing at all levels
* Good presenting and facilitation manner
* Assertive motivator
* Problem analysis and solving
* Ability to meet tight deadlines
* Travel to outside broadcasts, client meetings trade shows and so on will be required.
* International travel, extended hours, and working weekends will be required
* Ability to lift 75-pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer.
VER is a leading, global provider of production equipment and engineering solutions. With the world's largest inventory of rental equipment, VER supplies the most advanced technology to a broad array of clients in the corporate, TV, cinema, live events and broadcast markets. Clients rely on VER's depth of experience in Audio, Video, Lighting, LED, Cameras, Rigging, Media Servers, Fiber and more. With 32 offices across North America and Europe, 24/7 support, and unparalleled expertise, the skilled team at VER can support any live or taped production anywhere in the world.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online