KSCA Program Manager
Univision RadioGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Duties and Responsibilities
Record Company and Promoter Relations
• Manage, coordinate and communicate with record label companies, artist management regarding requested promotions, interviews, events, etc.
Programming Management Support
• Schedule and send daily log to the KSCA on-air studio base on the changes approve by the regional program director.
• Create KSCA music grid every time there’s a change on the music categories or when you add any new music to the station play list. Send the grid to the regional program director, OM and GM.
• Responsible for creating and implementing promos, drops, sweepers, liners and copies for station image and promotions.
• Assign on-air DJ’s for sales remotes.
• Manage and communicate with KSCA staff on any station on air activity, promotions, events and appearances.
• Manage and responsible for KSCA on-air staff documentation and approval for any vacation, personal or sick dates.
• Provide every 2 weeks with a report on Air-Check’s for all our KSCA DJ’s to the regional program director, OM and GM.
• Weekly meeting with KSCA DJ’S and BO to talk about what is happening with the station and get feedback from everyone. Send recap to regional program director, OM and GM.
• Send every Friday Jock Notes to all KSCA staff and copy regional program director, OM and GM.
• Submit weekly music reports for file on SIP site with music master backup.
• Provide Weekly comparative music reports (KLAX, KBUE, KDLD and direct competitor stations) to regional program director and GM.
• Provide daily competitive report (KLAX, KBUE, KDLD) notes for all day parts on our competitors twice a week to regional program director and GM.
• Attend PPLM Network programming conference calls when requested by the regional program director.
• Assure compliance of all applicable FCC regulations.
• Perform special projects as required to meet our goals and increase ratings.
• Supervise KSCA Dj’s, BO, and organize auditorium music tests.
• Analyze and implement callout results.
• Analyze and apply licensed Arbitron information.
• Prepare programming budgets.
• Monitor and enforce standards and practice policy.
• Abide by the company’s programming guidelines regarding payola and plugola.
• Submit forecast report monthly to business manager with planned and accrued expenses for the month.
• Attend staff Kennedy sessions or strategy meetings when requested.
• Discuss and maintain documentation related to DJ endorsements and payments.
• Attend department head meetings with GM.
• Interact professionally with clients and staff.
• Attend weekly meetings with the sales staff to follow-up and brainstorm on promotional concepts, events, client opportunities and new ideas.
• Communicate with clients in conjunction with AE regarding promotional support and on-air giveaways station will provide and overall station involvement as it relates to client.
• Communicate with event promoters in conjunction with AE regarding, event exclusivity, station presence, special promotions, ticket giveaways, and station overall involvement. Work directly with sales and coordinate meetings to maximize all sales opportunities.
• Attend key research projects (AMT/One on Ones).
• Send call-out music list and produced song hooks every 2 weeks to callout center with prior approval from the Regional program director.
• Attend Arbitron PPM meetings and online trainings.
• Effectively use the media monitor service to monitor competitors and analyze findings.
Promotions and Marketing
• Attend weekly promotion meeting.
• Review, Authorize and schedule any on-air or street promotions and giveaways and communicate directly with Regional Promotions Director.
• Attend KSCA local remotes, events and assist in coordination if requested by the Regional Program Director.
• Attend competitor events, remotes and night clubs at the direction of the Regional Program Director.
Network Support (Regional Program Director)
• Coordinate with management, labels and artists in conjunction with Regional Program director to obtain performing artists for our festivals in other markets.
Special Events (Cinco & Independence Festivals)
• Assist and coordinate flights, hotel, and transportation, per deims and stage requirements for all artists performing at company festivals for KSCA talent.
• Manage stage and performances for festivals. (Cinco de Mayo & Fiestas Patrias Festival) for KSCA talent.
• Negotiate artist’s expenses and/or fees for KSCA talent.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
• 5+years radio broadcast experience.
• 1-2 years in similar position as Program Director.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
• Knowledge of Mexican culture and music format.
• PC proficient.
• Good interpersonal skills.
Experience and Education
• High School Diploma.
• Previous radio broadcasting experience.
• Knowledge of studio equipment, production and capabilities.
Interested candidates should forward resume (email or fax) to:
Attn: Haz Montana
Univision Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.