Full Time Job
Based in NY or LA
Reporting to the EVP and Head of Global Communications, UMG
Universal Music Group, the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising has an exciting opportunity for a [Senior] Vice President of Global Communications. The [S]VP of Global Communications will fill a critical leadership role of driving the alignment of activities and messaging to support UMG’s business objectives.
· Leverage traditional and social media to drive UMG’s global messaging and communications strategy and implementation
· Oversee and produce major events, conferences and meetings
· Oversee for company-wide philanthropic initiatives, including creating and implementing unique giving programs and opportunities
· Manage outside agencies and media projects.
• The successful candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of experience working in a leadership role in a marketing, communications or events department, ideally in the entertainment industry (music experience a plus!)
• Experience managing tightly knit regional and global teams numbering to implement consistent global communications strategies in corporate communications, marketing, branding, advertising, public relations, and internal communications and customer communications
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and develop, manage and nurture relationships both within the organization and with external business partners
• Proven track record in partnering with senior leadership teams to drive campaigns that directly impact engagement, awareness, reputation management and revenue
• Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects from inception to completion, adhering to deadlines, within budget and with high quality
• Creative flair and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and manage projects simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with analytical and instinctual problem-solving capabilities
• Project management experience working with high-profile committees, executives and talent.
• Financial capabilities with, and emphasis on, cost and budget management