Vice President, Unscripted TV
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is currently looking for VP Unscripted Development who will be responsible for soliciting, creating, developing and overseeing short and longform non-scripted series platforms. The ideal candidate would be able to see a project from initial inception through deals, notes and delivery. Experience in unscripted content production is required.
• Create, pitch and develop original show ideas for digital media platforms
• Work with Influencers to develop dynamic, engaging content
• Solicit, review and discern pitches from agencies, production companies, producers, and/or talent
• Work with legal to put together deals
• Develop and see through shows from pre-production through delivery
• Leads day-to-day around schedules, budgets, assets, and internal/external team expectations.
• Creates unique and memorable and highly-engaged video series, franchises, short-form content, long-form programming, events and specials.
• Generates all aspects of video creative required, from concept pitch to delivery.
• Strategizes and develops multiplatform promotional campaigns, branded content and syndication partner strategies.
• Exceptional writing, producing and editing of short-form and long-form digital video targeted at appropriate creative storylines to reach the optimal demographic.
• Possesses a strong editorial eye for developing creative and strategic video programming.
• Ability to effectively manage, lead and influence to meet content objectives.
• Comedic timing with a finger on the pulse of current events.
• Strong program and project management skills.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact and work with individuals at all levels.
• Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment; effectively manages stress and emotions under pressure.
• Prior experience working with high profile talent and celebrities.
• Highest level of responsibility securing appropriate approvals and vetting content for rights prior to broadcast.
• Entrepreneurial spirit; excited about the future of digital content and next generation video services.
• Must have a vast knowledge of the social influencer space
• Have an eye for high quality unscripted fare and be comfortable defending opinions in a collaborative environment
• Have a current awareness of new talent and popular culture
• Be able to identify unique ideas and talent before it ‘bubbles up’ to broader public awareness and able to translate that into successful programming
• Must be comfortable delegating duties, managing teams, and including people on projects and meetings where appropriate
• 4-6 years of experience developing and/or producing unscripted content, with strong relationships with unscripted production companies, agents, producers, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree in TV/Film/Broadcasting or Production or equivalent relevant experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.