Vice President, Streaming Strategies
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Our commitment to innovation extends to our cutting-edge, industry leading streaming marketing team, which is looking for a Vice President, Streaming Strategies. This position will serve as a both a liaison to the business and our streaming partners. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with an analytical mind and the ability to serve as an advocate for UMG’s artists.
• Focus on streaming commerce strategies to achieve optimal
• Manage day to day activities with streaming audio/video streaming platforms.
• Create consumption analysis reports for weekly distribution
• Implement core strategies from business development and revenue development into the subscription streaming account category
• Communicate between label partners, accounts and operational logistics.
• Manage operational logistics for digital accounts and production teams
• Manage creative process of digital tools to maximize consumption of artist’s frontline and catalog initiatives
• Improve core D2C integration of products to maximize revenue streams through the subscription streaming model
• Oversee execution of playlist strategies on streaming partners (Spotify, Apple, Google, Amazon, Pandora, etc.)
• Provide strategic analysis on listener behavior
• Develop promotion strategies to grow market share on partners thru play listing
• Create promotional plans for priority releases on streaming partners
• Analyze song performance on platforms for proper optimization
• The ability to analyse data and draw conclusions, make recommendations, etc.
• Digital Marketing.
• Strong project management experience
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent diplomacy skills.
• Proven ability to navigate organizations, collaborate and achieve results
• Experience with growth/expansion in the streaming space
• Minimum 10 years of experience managing projects.
• Minimum 10 years of experience doing data analysis within the context of music playlisting.
• Minimum 8 years of music business experience (label or distribution)
• Minimum 8 years of streaming platform experience at a partner or content owner/distributor
• Experience with social media management and digital marketing
• Experience in a related and relevant field dealing with content curation, data analysis and consumer behavior insights on streaming sites.
• Experience with social media management.
• Experience with music release strategy.
• Passion for Music!
• Passion for the streaming space!
• Master’s Degree Preferred
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.