Vice President, Marketing
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/26/2016 4:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Vice President, Marketing jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Vice President, Marketing postings
Full Time Job
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), a division of Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking a Vice President of Marketing in the company's Santa Monica, CA location. UMe is the centralized catalog marketing division for the Universal Music Group, the world's largest music company. UMe spearheads marketing, brand partnerships, sales, licensing, and ancillary exploitation for the music catalog, whose brands and assets include the world's greatest recording artists.
This position is a visible and prominent leadership role within and without the organization. As such, the VP will be responsible for working directly with Universal artists and their representatives, Universal's executive staff and departments within Universal Music Enterprises to recommend, assess and oversee Marketing strategies and their impact on business and creative objectives. The VP will also work with external partners and be responsible for securing their support and participation in campaigns.
• Work closely with artists and their representatives to define marketing objectives and have overall responsibility for marketing execution.
• Accountable for project and campaign marketing budgets relating to Universal Music Enterprises activity.
• Management of the conception, communication and execution of consumer product and other marketing strategies.
• Manage and develop staff with the ability to make recommendations for departmental development to address change in the business.
• Build, maintain and assess all marketing partnerships.
• Experience in marketing in music, ideally working with catalog artists.
• Proven strong leadership skills and management ability.
• Strong knowledge of the digital marketplace for music consumption.
• Extensive experience in Digital marketing, CRM, audience engagement and analytics.
• Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and operating effectively in a high pressured environment.
• Needs to be a creative but strategic marketing executive who is willing to innovate.
• Passionate music fan.
• Advertising / media planning experience.
• Proven ability to build and manage marketing partnerships.
• 5-8 years of experience in marketing in music, ideally working with catalog artists.
• Bachelor's preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.