Vice President, Client Services
Universal Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Vice President of Client Services with our rapidly expanding Audio Visual Content division which includes development of live, short and long form content in partnership with brand and entertainment distribution clients. In this position, the successful candidates will be responsible and oversee all aspects of client management and delivery including, but not limited to: development and execution of client audio visual content engagements, support development of marketing and promotion plans associated with the content, coordination with business development and label content services team to improve delivery and engagement economics, and overall account management.
• Lead client engagements with third parties who have entered into agreements with UMG to develop, produce and deliver audio visual content on their behalf, including but not limited to live, branded, short and long form audio visual content
• Work with clients to determine key customer segments for service and develop content opportunities that meet their objectives
• Work with internal UMG labels and resources as well as preferred third party entities (e.g. production companies, marketing agencies) to develop and execute concepts on behalf of clients that meet their objectives
• Drive marketing activities and programs involving UMG assets around the audio visual content to support audience generation and engagement for clients
• Build a support team to manage client development and service
• Work with senior management on refining UMG strategy for audio visual content based on feedback from clients in the marketplace
• Advocate overall strategy both externally to the marketplace and internally within UMG
• Strong client service orientation in the field of video content development and execution including knowledge of entertainment distribution companies (e.g. channels, networks, OTT providers and distributors) and brands
• Understanding of audience trends, targeting and connection points (e.g. digital distribution methods) to improve overall audience activation and engagement
• Experience in managing a team to deliver against client engagements in the audio visual space
• Entertainment and/or branded content industry knowledge preferred, using updates and trend analysis to advance the organization
• Ability to effectively communicate across all levels in the business
• Ability to work in an unstructured and competitive environment while building a team and business in the area of audio visual content where music is a central element
• Minimum 10 years in client service with progressive responsibilities
• Minimum of 5 years in audio visual content development with entertainment and branded content a plus
• Experience establishing collaborative relationships in an enterprise setting across different groups
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, film and television, or other related area; MBA a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.