Vice President, Brand Partnerships
Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 10/30/2016 6:21:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Vice President, Brand Partnerships jobs in London-UK
Search all Vice President, Brand Partnerships postings
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is the largest music company in the world with 34% market share. The company is fully owned by the Vivendi group (2016 turnover: €10B) and has been one of the first record company to enter the digital space as well as to develop a specific division dedicated to brands called Universal Music & Brands. This division provides tailor made entertainment marketing solutions for brands for customer acquisition & retention and currently runs more than 350 major partnerships worldwide.
We are looking to recruit a Vice President. Reporting into the Global Head of New Business you will lead this busy team and with your vision and enthusiasim you will be responsible for identifying and securing new global partnerships for the central division of UMG&B across existing and new industries, consequently generating additional revenues to our local operating companies. You will be supporting the global Head of New Business in his daily tasks, especially in his work in supporting the major markets and his target to generate more global and major partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to join an dynamic and ambitious team within Universal.
• Responsible for identifying and securing new global partnerships for the central division of UMG&B across existing and new industries, consequently generating additional revenues to our local operating companies (opcos).
• Drive these global partnership deals with the concerned opcos to provide brands with a one stop shop entertainment content, marketing & communication solutions including dedicated multimedia service platforms and social media activations.
• Support the global Head of New Business in his daily task, especially in his work in supporting the major markets and his target to generate more global and major partnerships.
• Recognise trends in the use of entertainment, notably by brands and developing new business models making use of UMG’s varied assets to deliver significant profit to Universal Music.
• Develop creative initiatives and new ideas to sell to brands (agency type), develop pitches and offer them to the UMG&B teams.
• Experience working within an international Business Development environment, with proven track record of reaching sales target, delivering large scale sponsorship, endorsement and brand related campaigns (preferably within the entertainment sector)
• Has a large and existing network through brand industries.
• Excellent negotiation skills, ability to negotiate and close deals at C-Level (CEO, CMO etc.)
• Experience working in music or media or entertainment industries
• Experience in Business-to-Business selling and marketing would be ideal
• Excellent communication/presentation skills
• Ability to work within short timeframes, under pressure and deal with top management
• Good understanding of digital, mobile and social markets
• Foster Teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation.
• Focused on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters.
• Organised: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities. Report regularly.
• Willing to travel to develop business internationally
• A love of music
• Multiple languages would be valuable (including French)
diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the principle of diversity.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.