VP - Brand Partnerships
Universal Music GroupHong Kong, HK
Full Time Job
Imagine working for the global market leader of music-based entertainment. Now imagine being in the position to connect the world’s largest and most successful catalogue of music and artists to the world’s biggest brands. Sounds exciting, right? Well, the opportunity exists!
We are currently looking for a VP - Brand Partnerships to join the growing Asia Regional New Business team based in Hong Kong. In this creative sales role, you will develop client relationships with brands and agencies to drive revenue through a variety of campaigns, from branded content to strategic partnerships to events.
Unlike many other products, music has a place in any business. In this role you have the ability hugely impact brands and artists success and profitability. You will be part of taking Universal’s new business activations to the next level.
• Identify and pitch to prospective agencies and brands across the Asia region to achieve revenue targets.
• Leverage the artist roster and global priorities to pitch and respond to briefs with innovative ideas and impactful commercial opportunities.
• Work closely with New Business colleagues on the ground in the various Asian countries to implement strategy, scale opportunities and share knowledge and best practices.
• Proactively service clients and build close relationships with all key contacts.
• Campaign implementation and project management to ensure delivery of obligations and exceeding client expectations.
• Negotiate and formalise agreements and contracts with clients, in conjunction with internal legal counsel.
• Track and report on commercials for all deals.
• Introduce and streamline tools, systems and workflows across the region.
• Accomplished sales professional with affinity for new business development.
• Prior experience working with brands within entertainment context (desirable).
• Able to commercialise creative ideas.
• Passion and interest in music and entertainment.
• Understands the internal and external landscape to identify out of the box opportunities.
• Experience managing revenue targets and P&L’s.
If the above sounds like you, don’t wait! Hit the Apply Now button to express your interest today. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
Universal Music has market leading artists in the Region including Jacky Cheung, Nana Ouyang, Sa Dingding, Eason Chan, Alan Tam, Priscilla Chan, Kelly Chen, SamSons, Dean, Siri Nurhaliza, Darren Espanto, Gentle Bones, A-Mei, and Yanzi Sun.
Universal’s Global roster includes Taylor Swift, Drake, Mumford and Sons, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Sam Smith, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Ariana Grande, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Madonna, Andre Rieu, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Florence and the Machine, and many more.