Studio Manager/Project Manager
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Studio Manager/Project Manager (Retail Apparel Production)
Part of Universal Music Group, the global leader in music-based entertainment, Bravado represents client brands worldwide with offices in more than 40 cities. Bravado is a global merchandising and brand management company for hundreds of the world’s leading artists and iconic brands around the world. Bravado provides services in brand development, marketing strategy, public relations, sales, licensing and e-commerce. Their extensive global merchandise distribution network gives artists and brands the opportunity to create deeper connections with their fans through apparel, consumer packaged goods and unique brand experience, while building and developing strong brand equity.
Bravado works closely with new and established clients to create innovative products and marketing plans carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Clients include over a hundred music brands such as Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Travis Scott, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Run MC, Prince, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga and Guns N’ Roses. Bravado’s roster also includes an expanding list of non-music brands such as Harley Davidson, Paddington Bear and the Big3.
Bravado is currently looking for a Studio Manager to join its Creative department. This individual will work closely with the Head of Creative to oversee the overall workflow within the department. The Studio Manager will focus on the process apsects of the work in the department while the Head of Creative can focus on the aesthetic and creative output. This person will serve as an overall project manager for the department ensuring that projects are resourced appropriately and critical deadlines are met. The Studio Manager must have excellent organization and project management skills to ensure the output of the Creative team is of high quality and on time. This person must know how to efficiently manage workflow within the creative department in order to drive efficiency and quality. The Creative team is the heart of what Bravado delivers, so this is a critical role and an opportunity to work with top artists and top designers to deliver outstanding products.
• Management of creative design requests and deliverables for all client and internal projects.
• Traffic management, by ensuring all briefs are dispatched to team per designer's strengths and ensure all work is delivered promptly and to deadline to relevant stakeholders.
• Oversight of all creative elements and outputs from design team.
• In partnership with the Head of Creative, develop and implement organizational processes for creative team.
• Ensure all creative projects are progressing and on track to deliver against key deadlines
• Work within the creative team and with external vendors and freelances to ensure resources ae allocated correctly and managed/supported properly
• Facilitate communication between the Creative department and other Bravado departments
• Coordinate between the Creative department and Sales, Marketing and Production to ensure all relevant teams are providing the right input and approvals as needed
• Manage work between the in-house design team and our network of freelancers
• Manage print design work for key external presentations to artist and retailers
Superior project management skills. Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Can balance project prioritization and resource allocation to deliver against time commitments
• Demonstrated ability to manage workflow
• Strong attention to detail in executing projects
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Facilitates collaboration, able to navigate organizations, collaborate and achieve results
• 5 years working in a Creative department with an apparel setting
• Knowledge of how projects flow within a Creative department
• BA/BS required