Sr. Business Analyst
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for requirements analysis and documentation for application development projects. The individual will work closely with the Global Royalties and Copyright department users, management, and IT team members to identify and document business requirements for applications, verify requirements with the business, communicate requirements to technical staff using department templates and tools, analyze and document current and proposed business processes, develop acceptance criteria, system test plans, execute tests, support UAT and complete production implementation/verification. In addition, the individual will provide on-going support to end-user community and act as Subject Matter Expert for application and related business processes.
• Gather and document user requirements:
• Conduct interview sessions regarding business requirements and business processes.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the business need and related business processes.
• Document and confirm business requirements with business owner(s) of the application.
• Document and confirm business processes in narratives and diagrams with Subject Matter Experts.
• Effectively communicate the business requirements to project managers and technical staff.
• Assist in Solutions Design, Development and Testing:
• Assist in design of and bring business perspective to the proposed technical solution to the business need.
• Document the proposed user interface in accordance with functional specifications documentation standards and confirm with business owner(s).
• Answer questions and resolve ambiguities for the developers during development.
• Develop acceptance criteria, system test plans, use cases, and execute tests as appropriate. Track issues and defects to resolution.
• Assist with user acceptance testing as necessary.
• Support implementation and roll out of the application:
• Support cutover activities as appropriate.
• Support business users after production go-live.
• Update shared repository with application documentation as necessary.
• Effectively manage time and priorities:
• Provide hour estimates for project tasks (functional specification, test plan, etc.).
• Complete tasks within estimated hours and on time with limited supervision.
• Manage multiple work streams, assessing priorities and delivering complete, accurate work products.
• Proactively resolve time conflict issues working with direct management, project managers and the user community.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively:
• Proactively and consistently communicate task status.
• Involve appropriate constituencies in making key project decisions.
• Collaborate with project management, development, business owner, and other stakeholders in the implementation of project deliverables.
• Communicate risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies to appropriate stakeholders and escalate if necessary to ensure the project’s success.
• Ability to analyze data to draw business-relevant conclusions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
• 6 – 8 Years of experience as a Business Analyst in large, complex application development projects
• Solid experience generating process documentation
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.