Sr. Business Analyst
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst with our rapidly expanding Content Strategy & Operations team, focused on the growing marketing for music related video content. The ideal candidate is passionate about music and digital media and will use data and research to inform deal negotiations, licensing discussions and manage company-wide video priorities and pipelines. The successful candidate will also drive recommendations based on data analysis. This position will be responsible for, and partner with our financial team to build reports and metrics, drive ad hoc business queries and deliver findings to key stakeholders.
• Support business development team leading negotiations with third parties in the areas of distribution, technology and marketing services
• Work within cross-company teams to execute go to market plans for video content, including working with the brands group, events, and music labels
• Build and maintain recurring metrics and reports including deal pipelines and KPIs for the content strategy group in video
• Support ad hoc data retrieval and analysis using Excel and other systems
• Help develop requirements and specifications with business and development teams
• Provide relevant insights and recommendations to support near- and long-term business objectives
• Communicate insights to key stakeholders
• Stay abreast of trends and shifts within the media landscape
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate across business areas
• Working knowledge of the digital video marketplace including business models, distribution services, consumption devices and business models
• Proficiency with Excel and Power Point, in creating reports
• 5 years of relevant experience in data analysis, deal negotiation support, financial analysis, report building, research or similar work
• Experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or media and entertainment
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or other related area; MBA a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.