Senior Financial Analyst
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/3/2017 5:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Senior Financial Analyst postings
Full Time Job
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (''IGA'') is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
IGA is currently searching for a Senior Financial Analyst. This position is responsible for various aspects of financial planning and analysis. This person will act as the liaison between Finance, Accounting, and the Marketing and Creative departments. They will prepare and analyze results and perform project analyses and other ad hoc analyses as required.
• Support and assist with the monthly financial close, quarterly corporate financial forecasts, internal monthly forecast and annual plans.
• Perform detailed revenue and cost forecasting and ad- hoc artist project forecasts.
• Work in conjunction with revenue/sales team on pricing strategy.
• Handle special projects as assigned by management, including but not limited to proforma project P&Ls, recoupment analysis, historical trend analysis, new business proposals/presentations.
• Analyze variances to budget and forecast.
• Work with central accounting team on various month end tasks and prepare supporting close schedules.
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of interfaces from all supporting systems (sales system, general ledger, financial forecasting system) into the financial models and databases.
• Expected to enhance and modify models and databases as needed.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
• Demonstrable proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, accounting and financial applications software; SAP experience/knowledge preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office products including advance skills in Excel and Power Point.
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on evolving workload.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management, while being sensitive to confidential information.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines.
• Minimum 3 years-experience in an analyst level position, preferably with an entertainment company.
• Knowledge and experience with corporate finance required.
Confidential – Job Description 1 Education:
• Degree qualified (specific to business, finance, financial consulting, or accounting) or equivalent experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.