Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2016 12:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Developer jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Developer postings
Full Time Job
Senior Developer (12 month Consultant)
Spinnup are looking for a Senior Developer to join their busy team for a 12 month period to work on the upcoming projects in the New Year and to work with the dynamic team. As well as strong technical knowledge you will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to multitask. Knowledge of React & PHP will be key to this role, along with Java and HTML. A desire to work in the music industry is essential.
main purpose of role
Spinnup is an innovative approach to talent discovery in the music industry. It is international digital platform and service helping unsigned musicians to distribute their music globally and to get heard by the industry. Spinnup is established in UK, Germany, Sweden, France, Denmark, Norway and very soon, in the US and Canada. You will have an opportunity to work with our local teams and tech partners abroad. We are a small start-up style team who run the business together and believe in giving people autonomy in their roles and flexibility in their working arrangements.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack lead developer to join a new in-house tech team. You will be responsible for leading development of our web platform as we introduce new features and expand globally. You are a good communicator, excellent problem solver, quick learner and can work independently. You are flexible to the needs of the business but can influence people against decisions that compromise the quality of our product from a technical perspective. You are organised and disciplined in using and enforcing good development practices and processes. You have a natural curiosity in new technologies that helps you make good long-term recommendations for the evolution of Spinnup’s services. Above all, you are committed and passionate about providing top-class services to our artists, talent scouts and A&Rs.
• Developing new features
• Investigating and resolving defects
• Overseeing and supporting other team members as the team expands and assuring the quality of their work
• Delegating tasks, motivating team members and driving progress
• Estimating and planning development tasks
• Advising on feasibility and complexity of potential features
• Liaising with the product team to help plan development and report progress
• Identifying and implementing improvements for reliability, scalability and performance
• Good knowledge and experience using ReactJS
• Significant experience using PHP
• Experience using a PHP framework
• A solid understanding of REST APIs
• A solid understanding of relational databases
• Experience with responsive web development
• Experience with test-driven development
• Experience using Laravel php framework
• Experience customising WordPress
diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the principle of diversity.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.