Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Royalty Specialist to isolate, research & manage track conflicts (ownership or not) with respect to all of UMG’s artists across all labels.
• Assist with extreme heavy volumes of isolating, researching & managing track conflicts of all of UMG’s owned masters recorded by the artists against competing companies.
• General knowledge of contract language interpretation preferred though not necessary.
• Prepare monthly analysis upon receipt of the monthly SoundExchange (SX) revenue receipts.
• Prepare summaries & reconciliations of the detailed adjustments of activity with respect to the monthly SX receipts.
• Assist with special tasks as directed. Specific inquiries from various departments both internal & external.
• Knowledge of the various entertainment websites with respect to gathering information about artists, tracks & albums.
• Assist with clearing suspense track information with respect to UMG’s track ownership or not.
• Assist with running specific internal reports that isolate gaps in SX revenue reporting as needed.
• Eye for detail
• Interest in all types of music
• Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• College Degree (BA/BS) preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.