Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
UMPG is currently searching to fill the role of Royalty Clerk. The Royalty Clerk is part of our Royalties Team and is responsible for processing payment requests, generating royalty statements and reports, and administering royalty processes.
• Analyze and match song data from incoming electronic royalty statements to appropriate song(s) in royalty system
• Process electronic data files through royalty interfaces
• Preparation of incoming electronic files utilizing Microsoft Excel for generic interface processing
• Assist with reconciliation of cash receipt and royalty statement to electronic file
• Prepare reconciliation summary, detail, and supporting documentation for approval purposes
• Maintain various Excel schedules required for electronic royalty processing
• Manual data entry of incoming royalty statement into royalty system
• Process Royalty adjustments and special distributions as required in royalty system
• Assist with preparation of outgoing royalty statements for mailing and review
• Special projects as requested
• Overtime as required
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and in a Windows environment
• Must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize work
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• 10-key by touch required
• Prior data entry experience preferred
• 4 year college degree with an emphasis in Music administration or Accounting preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.