Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2016 4:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Royalty Analyst jobs in Woodland Hills-CA
Search all Royalty Analyst postings
Full Time Job
A. Job Summary: Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world's leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than
60 countries. Our vast catalogue of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled. Knowing that music, a powerful force for good in the world, is unique in its ability to inspire people and bring them together, we work with our artist and employees to serve our communities. We are the home for music's greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs. Together, we are UMG, the Universal Music Group.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Royalty Analyst. In this role, you will be assisting our artist royalty team in preparing and analysing artist accounts to ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties to artists and third parties in accordance with the applicable agreements and licenses.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
B. Job Functions:
• Analyze and brief artist contracts for royalty obligations
• Set up releases in accordance with contracts
• Mainframe data entry
• Create and maintain detailed artist accounts
• Review and send artist statements and checks quarterly
• Assist with daily inquiries in a timely manner
• Assist with Month-end tasks
• Other duties as assigned
C. Job Requirements:
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Access a plus.
• Experience with recording contracts and royalty accounting a plus.
• Four year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience. This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.