Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Bravado is the leading global provider of consumer, lifestyle and brand management services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Part of Universal Music Group, the leader in music-based entertainment, Bravado has representatives in 40 countries, providing services including sales, licensing, branding, marketing and e-commerce. Their extensive global distribution network gives artists and brands the opportunity to create deeper connections with their fans through apparel, consumer packaged goods and unique experiences.
Bravado works closely with new and established clients to create innovative products and marketing plans carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Clients include over a hundred music brands such as Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Travis Scott, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Run DMC, Prince, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga and Guns N’ Roses. Bravado’s roster also includes an expanding list of non-music brands such as Harley Davidson, Paddington Bear and the Big3.
The Production Manager will be an essential part of Bravado team, helping to drive margin and leverage merchandise needs for both E-commerce and special projects. This position will report directly to the Director of Production.
• Develop time and action calendars alongside the Brand Manager for new product needs
• Management of production timelines, reviewing reports and recommending solutions to exceptions
• Work collaboratively with the Creative team to develop a final assortment that is executable in production
• Negotiate costing with vendors across multiple programs to help drive margin improvement and review P&L with upper management
• Manage any required fabric, blank, and trim procurement
• Monitor production status of all programs – from sample development to order placement and shipment.
• Elevate and communicate high risk potential order problems and issues as appropriate
• Develop collaborative relationships with vendors
• Strong costing and negotiation skills
• Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
• Knowledge and understanding of fabrics, construction and print techniques
• Exceptional Microsoft Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Strong Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
• Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
• Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical
• Strong long term strategic planning capability
• Effective verbal and written skills
• 3-5 years of experience in production or product development
• Bachelor’s degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.