Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an eager and exceptional privacy professional to join UMG's global privacy team. The Privacy Manager will assist the UMG Privacy Officer in building and overseeing UMG's global data protection program. The position will be responsible for developing strategies to support responsible and compliant uses of data, including drafting and implementing policies and procedures, training employees, performing privacy impact assessments, conducting audits on internal and external systems, and managing UMG's global privacy policies. The position requires the ability to lead projects, a willingness to learn, and passion for solving complex privacy challenges.
• Develop and implement privacy governance processes and documentation
• Maintain internal resources and knowledge bases regarding data practices
• Monitor, track and report on global data protection initiatives
• Consult on questions from business stakeholders
• Oversee data subject access requests globally
• Manage global projects to maintain consumer privacy policies and cross-border data transfer mechanisms
• Develop and conduct data protection training and awareness activities
• Stay current and advise internal stakeholders on the data protection impact of emerging technologies
• Demonstrated ability to propose and execute projects and work effectively with limited supervision
• Eagerness to jump in and develop practical solutions to complex data protection challenges
• Self-directed individual with the ability to learn quickly and work with a broad range of internal stakeholders
• General knowledge of data risk management concepts
• Working knowledge of technology platforms and data flows, including cloud, advertising technology ecosystems, social networking, and mobile devices
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to customize messages for a variety of internal and external audiences
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business processes and work efficiently under tight deadlines
• 5 years total experience; 3 years of experience including substantive work in privacy and data protection
• Knowledge of consumer marketing technologies and the digital advertising ecosystem
• Experience with global data protection regimes and compliance requirements
• CIPP, CIPM or similar certification(s) preferred
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.